spicy indo chinese recipe of mushroom manchurian dry.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time45 mins
for the batter
- ½ cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 3 tablespoons cornflour (corn starch)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- ⅓ cup water or add as required
- salt & sugar as required
for mushroom manchurian
- 200-250 grams white button mushrooms
- 3 to 4 small spring onions, finely chopped - reserve the greens for garnish
- 2 to 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (lahsun)
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder or crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium size green or yellow bell pepper, sliced, diced or chopped
- salt as required
take all the ingredients for making the batter in a bowl.
add ⅓ cup water and make a smooth batter. not too thick nor too thin.
rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms.
heat oil for frying. dip the mushroom in the batter & fry them till golden brown. keep these aside.
making mushroom manchurian
heat oil. add the spring onion whites and stir fry them for a minute on a medium flame.
now add the chopped celery, green chili, ginger, garlic and some of the spring onion greens.
stir fry these also for a minute on a medium flame.
add the black pepper, salt, sugar and soya sauce.
mix well. add the fried mushroom to this sauce.
stir so that the sauce coats the mushroom well
serve mushroom manchurian hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens and celery.
- the black pepper, sugar and soya sauce can be adjusted to your taste preferences. so is the quantity of ginger, garlic and green chilies can be increased or decreased with your spice preferences.