dark chocolate avocado mousse
Eggless and vegan mousse recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 large ripe avocado (makhanphal)
- ⅔ cup chopped dark semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoon regular sugar or organic cane sugar - add less or more to suit your taste
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- some chopped cashews (kaju) for garnish
- some chopped almonds (badam) for garnish
- some chopped pistachios (pista) for garnish
In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate, coconut oil, coffee and sugar.
Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute till the chocolate has melted.
Don't overcook the chocolate as it will harden up.
Just melt it and remove from the microwave.
You can melt the chocolate in a double boiler too.
Now scoop the avocado flesh in a blender.
Add the melted chocolate to it and blend till smooth.
Scoop out the mousse in bowls or glasses and serve straightaway garnished with some chopped dry fruits.
You can also chill the mousse and then serve dark chocolate avocado mousse.
Add more chocolate if desired.
You can also increase the quantity of coffee and coconut oil if preferred.
Sugar can be adjusted as per your taste preferences.
This recipe serves 2 people, but you can make more servings by increasing the quantity proportionately.
This mousse can also be made with milk chocolate or sweet chocolate.