Red chutney recipe for mysore masala dosa.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 tablespoons roasted chana dal (roasted bengal gram or bhuna chana dal)
- 4 to 5 garlic (lahsun)
- 3 to 4 dry kashmiri red chilies (sookhi lal mirch) - soaked in warm water for 30-40 minutes - adjust as per your taste preferences and depending on the type of chilies. for a hotter version add 4 to 5 dry kashmiri red chilies.
- 1 teaspoon seedlees tamarind (imli)
- ¼ cup onion, roughly chopped
- salt as required
- some water to grind the chutney
Take all the ingredients in a small blender or chutney grinder.
Add very little water and grind to a smooth paste.
Serve the red chutney with mysore masala dosa or any dosa.
This red chutney keeps good in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
The above recipe will give a small bowl of chutney that is enough to be used a spread for 8-9 dosas.
- Use onions which are not that pungent and are slightly sweet.
- To avoid the pungency of onions in the chutney, you can also soak the onions in cold water for 15-20 minutes or saute the onions in little oil till translucent & then add to the chutney.
- If you do not like the raw taste of onions or garlic, then just saute them in some oil and then add in the chutney.