punjabi green chutney
punjabi style green chutney - tangy and strongly flavored chutney.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- ¼ cup mint leaves (pudina patta)
- ½ cup coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium sized tomato
- ½ inch ginger - peeled and chopped (adrak)
- 3 to 4 garlic - peeled chopped (lahsun)
- 2 inch of white radish (mooli) - optional
- 1 green chili, chopped (increasing the number of green chilies will increase the heat in the chutney. for a hotter and spicier version, you can add 2 green chilies)
- ½ teaspoon dry pomegranate seeds (anardana) - substitute dry mango powder (amchur) or lemon juice or raw mango instead of dry pomegranate seeds. adjust accordingly.
- black salt or rock salt as required
- 1 or 2 tablespoon of water to grind the chutney
rinse and chop the mint and coriander leaves.
peel and rinse the onion. chop roughly.
rinse and chop the tomatoes roughly.
rinse and peel the radish. chop the radish.
add these veggies, ginger, garlic in a chutney grinder or small blender.
also add all pomegranate seeds, salt, green chilies.
add 1 or 2 tbsp water and grind the ingredients till smooth.
remove the green chutney in a bowl.
serve the green chutney as a side dish with indian starters or snacks.
the green chutney stays good in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 10.8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.3mg