this mango mousse recipe is eggless and a vegetarian one as no gelatine or even agar agar is used for setting the mousse.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time9 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 2 medium size mangoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey - add as required
- ½ cup 25% to 35% low fat cream or whipping cream
- a few chopped dry fruits for garnishing or any fruit preserve or grated chocolate (optional)
in a blender, add the chopped mangoes. at this step, you can also add sugar or honey.
blend till smooth.
take cream in a bowl. you can use a electric beater or whip manually with a wired whisk. i have used an electric beater.
beat till cream is soft and fluffy. ensure you don't over whip or over beat the cream.
add the mango puree to the beaten cream.
serve mango mousse in glasses. cover and chill the mousse in the refrigerator for some 20-30 minutes or more.
garnish the mango mousse with chocolate shavings or chopped dry fruits or any fruit preserve and enjoy the delicious mango mousse.
- the mango mousse recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- instead of mangoes, the mousse can also be made with bananas or strawberries.