mooli sabzi recipe
An easy and quick recipe of mooli sabji that gets done within 20 minutes. This sabzi recipe is basically radish spiced with carom seeds, green chillies and cooked in mustard oil
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1.5 tablespoons mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1 to 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 generous pinch asafoetida powder (hing)
- 2 cups finely chopped radish or grated radish (mooli) with or without leaves
- salt as required
chopping mooli (radish)
Rinse and peel the radish. Either grate or chop the radish roots finely.
If the radish has leaves, then rinse the leaves and then chop them finely too.
making mooli sabzi
Heat the mustard oil till it starts smoking. Lower the flame. Add the ajwain (carom seeds) and let them crackle.
Now add the green chiles and asafoetida and fry again for some seconds.
Add the mooli (radish) along with the leaves and salt. Mix well.
Do not cover the pan. Let the mooli cook on a low to medium-low flame.
Keep on stirring in between. The mooli and the greens will start to release their juices.
Just stir the mooli sabzi. The liquids will evaporate whilst the mooli is getting cooked.
When the mooli gets completely cooked and the whole mooli sabzi looks dry, remove from fire.
Serve mooli ki sabji hot with soft phulkas or chapatis.
- Add less chilies to make the muli sabzi less hot & spicy.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.6mg