vrat ka palak pakora
Vrat ke palak pakore recipe - spinach fritters made during fasting with buckwheat flour and spinach.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 cup kuttu ka atta or buckwheat flour
- 1 cup chopped palak or spinach leaves - tightly packed
- 1 green chili (hari mirch) or ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 2 tablespoon peanuts (moongphali)
- rock salt or sendha namak as required
- water as required
Roast the peanuts in a small pan till they become crisp.
When they cool, coarsely crush them in a mortar-pestle.
Rinse the spinach leaves and finely them.
In a bowl, mix everything including the coarsely powdered peanuts.
Add very little water and make a thick batter.
Heat oil for shallow or deep frying in kadai or pan.
Drop spoonfuls of the batter in the hot oil and fry till crisp and golden on both sides.
Serve the vrat palak pakora with coriander chutney, coconut chutney or homemade tomato sauce.