vegetable pasta in white sauce
veggie pasta recipe in white sauce - smooth and creamy dish with pasta and vegetables in white sauce.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 cup shell pasta or macaroni
- 1.5 cups chopped white button mushrooms
- ½ cup green peas - fresh or frozen (matar)
- 1 medium potato (aloo)
- 1 small to medium carrot (gajar)
- 1 small to medium capsicum, any color - red, green or yellow (bell pepper or shimla mirch)
- 4 to 5 baby corn
- 1 medium onion - chopped (pyaaz)
- 2 to 3 small garlic - finely chopped (lahsun)
- 2 cups whole full fat milk
- 2.5 tablespoon all purpose flour (maida)
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano or basil or a mix of both or your choice of dry herbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoon grated cheddar or regular cheese (optional)
- salt as required
- black pepper as required
preparation for vegetable pasta
first steam or boil the potatoes, carrots, baby corn and peas in a steamer or pressure cooker.
drain and then chop them. keep aside.
heat enough water in a pan with salt and a few drops of oil.
when the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and boil them till they are completely cooked.
strain the pasta and rinse with water. drain and keep aside.
making vegetable pasta in white sauce
in a pan, melt the butter. add the onions and garlic and saute till the onions are softened.
then add the mushrooms. stir and saute the mushrooms till the mushrooms are lightly browned from the sides.
the mushrooms will release their juices initially and after continuous sauteing, the juices will evaporate. there should be no moisture in the pan.
keep on stirring in breaks while sauteing the mushrooms.
then add the chopped capsicum (bell pepper) and saute for 10 to 12 minutes.
add the flour and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
add the boiled vegetables and saute for a minute.
pour milk in a gentle stream to the pan and keep on stirring. the flour will combine with the milk and you will see the sauce getting thickened slowly.
season with salt, pepper and oregano or basil or your choice of herbs.
when the sauce stars to thicken and reaches to your desired consistency. add the pasta.
stir well so that the white sauce coats the vegetables and the pasta. switch off the flame.
if the white sauce becomes too thick or lumpy, then add some hot water or milk and thin the sauce.
lastly add some grated cheese if required.
serve vegetable pasta recipe hot with some toasted bread or baguette.