This is an easy to make grilled potato sandwich made with spiced mashed potatoes.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 8 to 10 Bread slices
- 2 to 3 Medium potatoes - boiled and mashed
- 1 or 2 Green chilies, Chopped finely
- ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder or deghi mirch (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Of garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Dry mango powder (amchur powder) or as required
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ to 1 tablespoon Chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
- Salted butter at room temperature As required
- Rock salt or sendha namak or regular salt as required
- Grated cheddar cheese as required (optional)
making potato sandwich
Add all the herbs and spices powders - chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix very well.
Check the seasoning and add more of salt, red chili powder, dry mango powder if required.
Spread butter on half of the bread slices.
Take some portion of the potato stuffing and spread it on the buttered bread slices.
Optional step - sprinkle some grated cheese.
Cover the bread slices with the remaining buttered slices.
Spread some butter on the top of the bread sandwiches.
Place the sandwiches buttered side down in a preheated grill carefully.
Now spread butter on the top of the bread slices facing you.
Cover the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes or till the sandwiches are golden and crisp.
Serve potato sandwich hot with tomato sauce or cilantro chutney or both.