goan bhindi ki bhaji
an easy to make goan style okra recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 250 grams okra (bhindi or lady finger) - chopped
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- 1 large tomato - chopped
- 1 green chili - chopped. you can also add 2 green chilies
- 3 small to medium garlic cloves (lahsun) - chopped
- ½ teaspoon chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar or brown vinegar or white vinegar - i used balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water - you can also add 3 tablespoons water or as required
- salt as required
- sugar as required
preparation for bhindi ki bhaji recipe
rinse the bhindi (okra) well with water.
dry them on a large plate on their own or wipe with a kitchen towel.
remove the head and the tail and chop the bhindi into small pieces.
chop the other ingredients also - onion, tomato, green chilli, ginger and garlic.
making goan bhindi bhaji
in a pan or kadai/wok add all the chopped ingredients. also add a teaspoon of vinegar or balsamic vinegar or brown vinegar.
sprinkle salt and sugar as required.
cover and cook on a low heat.
stir in between so that the okra does not stick to the pan.
add around 2-3 tbsp water if required.
cook for about 15-20 minutes or till the okra is done.
serve bhindi sabzi with plain bread, rotis or phulkas or as a side dish with dal-rice.