chaat style aloo toast sandwich
this chaat style aloo toast sandwich is an easy and yummy sandwich recipe.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 14 slices brown bread or white bread
- 5 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala or add as required
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or add as required
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup grated cheese or 7 cheese slices or cheese spread, as required
- butter as required, optional
- any veggie slices like cucumber or tomato or onion slices, optional
- salt or black salt to taste, as required
mix chopped coriander leaves, chaat masala, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt with the mashed potatoes. add more of the spice powders if you want some more spice and tanginess.
on slices of bread, apply butter.
now apply cheese spread or top up with some grated cheese or place a cheese slice.
add the mashed potato mixture on top of the cheese.
top up the mashed potato with a little grated cheese
cover with another buttered bread slice.
if not using grated cheese, apply cheese spread on both the bread slices.
any veggie of your choice can also be added to the sandwich.
toast or grill the sandwich till browned and crisp.
spread some butter on the hot toast sandwich and serve aloo toast sandwich hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.