Punjabi Garam Masala
aromatic and flavorful punjabi garam masala is an indian spice blend added to dals, curries and in punjabi dishes.
Prep Time3 d
Total Time3 d
Servings: 1 medium size bottle
- ½ cup whole coriander seeds
- ¼ cup whole cumin seeds
- 9 pieces cinnamon sticks , each having an approx size of about 2.5 to 3 inches
- 2 tablespoons cloves
- 10 tejpatta leaves
- 10 black cardamoms
- 2 tablespoons small cardamoms
- 1.5 tablespoons whole black pepper
- 1 piece whole dry ginger of 1 inch
- 1 nutmeg
pick the coriander and cumin seeds of stones.
spread the whole spices on a plate or thali.
keep in the sun for 2 to 3 days.
grind the dry ginger first.
then add the broken cinnamon sticks and nutmeg.
grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
now add the rest of the spices and grind to fine powder.
mix both the spice powder batches well.
store punjabi garam masala in an air-tight container or jar.
you can also refrigerate this spice blend.