suran chips recipe
elephant foot yam chips recipe - this is a simple and an easy suran chips recipe which has only 4 ingredients in it, except yam - turmeric, red chili powder, lemon juice and salt.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 250 grams elephant foot yam, (suran or zimikand) peeled, washed and sliced.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt as required
- oil for frying, as required
- a few coriander leaves and lemon wedges for garnish
in a bowl mix the yam/suran with the rest of the spice powder, lemon juice and salt uniformly.
marinate the yam slices for 20-30 minutes.
shallow fry the yam slices in oil on a flat pan or tava.
drain the suran chips kitchen tissues to remove excess oil.
serve suran chips hot garnished with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
- the marinated yam slices can also be baked instead of frying but i have never tried baking the yam chips.
- as a substitute tamarind juice can be added instead of lemon juice.