Quick and easy pizza sauce made with fresh tomatoes, garlic and basil.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
for the pizza sauce
- 3 medium to large tomatoes, pureed - yields approx 1.5 to 2 cups of tomato puree
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 to 1.5 teaspoon dry oregano or 1 to 1.5 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt as required
- black pepper powder as required
making tomato puree
Rinse and then chop the tomatoes.
Puree the tomatoes in a blender or with a hand blender.
Keep a few bits and pieces of tomatoes in the puree.
making pizza sauce
Heat olive oil in a small pan.
Then add the chopped garlic and saute for 10-12 seconds on a low flame.
Add the tomato puree and saute for 4-5 mins on a low to medium flame.
When the tomatoes are cooked, add the chopped basil, dry oregano, salt and pepper.
Stir & simmer for 1-2 minutes on a low to medium flame.
Check the seasonings add more salt or pepper if required.
Once cooled, use the pizza sauce as a topping on pizzas or store in a bowl or in a small jar.
- For a smooth version, puree the tomatoes very well.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 782mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1230IU | Vitamin C: 19.6mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.7mg