Dahi Papdi Chaat
Dahi papdi chaat is a popular chaat snack which is sweet, spicy and tangy.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 24 to 30 papdis - crisp fried or baked flour crackers
- 2 to 3 medium sized potatoes
- ½ cup boiled sprouted moong beans or ¾ cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 small sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sized tomato, finely chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup fresh curd (yogurt)
- red chili powder - as required
- chaat masala -as required
- roasted cumin powder - as required
- sugar as required
- sev (fried gram flour vermicelli) - as required
- a few chopped coriander leaves
- salt or black salt as required
for the chutney
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- black salt or rock salt or sea salt as required
preparation for dahi papdi chaat
First boil or steam the potatoes till they are completely cooked.
Peel them and then you can chop them or just crumble them lightly.
Steam or cook the sprouted moong beans with some salt. Drain and keep aside.
Stir sugar in yogurt and mix well.
Finely chop the onion, tomato and coriander leaves.
Keep all the spice powders and salt ready.
preparing the green coriander chutney
With little water blend or grind all the chutney ingredients in a blender or chutney grinder or magic bullet till smooth.
Check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice if required.
Keep the the coriander chutney aside.
making dahi papdi chaat
Arrange the papdis on individual serving plates. Usually one serving or one plate consists of 6 papdis.
Place the chopped potatoes on each papdi.
Then top up with some of the moong sprouts.
Now top up with the green chutney as required.
Add the sweetened yogurt as required.
Sprinkle a pinch or two of the chaat masala, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder.
Top up with some chopped onions and tomatoes.
Lastly again sprinkle with a pinch of chaat masala, red chili powder and salt.
Sprinkle sev and chopped coriander leaves. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice if you prefer.
Remember chaat masala already has salt. So use salt accordingly.
Serve dahi papdi chaat immediately.