Fruit raita is sweet raita made with yogurt and mix fruits.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 4 tablespoon chilled yogurt (dahi or curd) - dairy or vegan
- 1 medium pomegranate - sliced and the arils removed
- 1 medium apple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 medium banana - peeled and chopped
- ½ to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 pinch rock salt (sendha namak) or black salt.
- 1 pinch red chili powder or cayenne pepper
Whisk the yogurt (curd) till smooth.
Add sugar or as required. Mix the sugar well, till it dissolves.
Next add roasted cumin powder, 1 pinch of red chili powder and 1 pinch of rock salt. Stir well.
Lastly add the chopped banana, apple and pomegranate arils. Mix well.
You also garnish the raita with pomegranate arils.
Serve the fruit raita immediately.
If you are making fruit raita for regular days (non-fasting days) then you can use normal or regular salt instead of rock salt. For fasting food we use rock salt.