Avocado salad recipe with onions, lemons and a tangy lemon dressing. Vegan and gluten-free recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 3 as a side dish
for lemon dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash lemon zest or zest from 1 small lemon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small to medium garlic - minced or finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions or 1 small onion
- ⅓ to ½ cup chopped tomatoes or 1 medium-sized tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley or cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 2 medium-sized avocados - chopped, preferable to use hass avocado
- 1 dash black salt - optional
- white salt or kosher salt or himalayan pink salt - as per taste
making the salad dressing
In a small bowl take the extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice.
Add the smoked paprika, black pepper and minced or finely chopped garlic.
In place of smoked paprika you can use ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or sweet paprika or red chilli powder.
Mix very well and keep the dressing aside.
making avocado salad
Take chopped onions, tomatoes and parsley in a mixing bowl.
Add chopped avocado.
Stir the dressing again and then pour it on the avocado.
Season with a dash of black salt. Also, add white salt or kosher salt or himalayan pink salt or rock salt.
Toss and mix well.
Serve avocado salad as a side or a main.
- You can add 1 small to medium-sized cucumber in the salad.
- Your choice of soft herbs can be added.
- Some ground cumin can also be sprinkled on the salad.
- Instead of parsley you can use cilantro (coriander leaves).
- For a tangy taste, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- The salad serves 3 if served as a side and 1 to 2 servings when served as a main.
- Skip black salt if you do not have it and just add regular white salt or table salt.
- This salad can be made ahead and then refrigerated for a couple of hours. In this case just add the salts before you serve. However, best served fresh.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 709mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 528IU | Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): 1mg | Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 1mg | Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 2mg | Vitamin B6: 1mg | Vitamin C: 20mg | Vitamin E: 4mg | Vitamin K: 54µg | Calcium: 16mg | Vitamin B9 (Folate): 116µg | Iron: 1mg | Magnesium: 41mg | Phosphorus: 78mg | Zinc: 1mg