falooda is a summer cooler indian dessert. a recipe made healthy and veganized.
Prep Time40 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 3 glasses
- 1 cup chilled almond milk or dairy milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoon gulkand (add more if required)
- 2 teaspoon basil seeds (sabja seeds) dissolved in 1 cup water
- ½ cup whole wheat roasted vermicelli (or seviyan)
- 5 to 6 unsalted pistachois (pista) - sliced or chopped
- 6 to 7 large strawberries
- 2 tablespoon organic unrefined cane sugar or regular sugar
hull, rinse the strawberries.
add some sugar to the berries and stir well.
keep the strawberries in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
cook the vermicelli with enough water till they become soft and cooked.
drain and keep aside to cool.
soak the basil seeds in enough water for 30 minutes till they swell.
strain the basil seeds.
stir the gulkand/rose preserve in the almond milk.
assemble all the ingredients for the falooda.
beginning with the soaked basil, then the cooked vermicelli, followed by strawberries and almond milk layer the glasses. you can have one or two layers.
serve the falooda immediately.
if you do not have gulkand, then just sweeten the almond milk with sugar and add some edible rose water to it.
make sure that the vermicelli is completely cooled. if its even slightly warm, it will split the almond milk