Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft textured and a slight chewy chocolate chip cookies made without eggs.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 8 to 10 cookies
- 2 tablespoon Oil (sunflower or rice bran or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon Curd (yogurt)
- 6 to 7 tablespoon Whole milk (the quantity can be added more or less depending on the quality of flour)
- ½ teaspoon Apple cider vinegar Or regular vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract Or essence
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour Or 130 grams
- 3 tablespoon Organic unrefined cane sugar Or regular sugar. You can also add as required (for a just about sweet taste 2.5 tablespoon works well. For a more sweeter taste - add 3 tablespoon. For less sweetness, add 2 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoon Chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- A pinch of salt
Preheat your regular oven to 200 degrees celsius/390 degrees fahrenheit for about 10 minutes before you bake the cookies. For a microwave oven use the convection mode and preheat at 180 degrees celsius/350 degrees fahrenheit.
In a bowl take all the wet ingredients - milk, curd/yogurt, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
Add sugar and whisk the mixture till the sugar is dissolved.
Directly seive whole wheat flour/atta, baking soda and a pinch of salt into the wet mixture.
Add chocolate chips.
Mix everything first with a spatula or with your hands.
Then gently gather the whole mixture and form a dough. Don't knead the mixture. The dough is slightly sticky.
If the dough feels very sticky, then add few tbsp of flour and mix again. If dry, then add a few tbsp of milk.
making chocolate chip cookies
Make small or medium sized balls of the dough and flatten them a bit. These chocolate chip cookies don't flatten too much while baking.
So if you want a flat cookie, then flatten them with your hands. Spread some oil on your hands while shaping the cookies. Place the cookies in a greased tray.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius/390 degrees fahrenheit for 15 to 25 minutes or till the cookies are golden.
Just keep an eye when the cookies are getting baked in the oven. Keep the tray in the center rack with both the top and bottom heating elements on.
For a microwave oven in the convection mode, use 180 degrees celsius/350 degrees fahrenheit for baking the cookies. If you have made thin and flat cookies, they will get baked faster.
Remove when still hot and place them on a wired rack
Once cooled, serve them immediately or store in an air tight jar or box. Serve these eggless chocolate chip cookies with milk or coffee.
- Instead of oil you can also use same amount of melted butter.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.6mg