banana chocolate mousse
creamy and smooth eggless mousse made with bananas and chocolate.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 to 5
- 3 medium bananas Or 400 grams bananas
- 150 grams chocolate Or about 1 cup chopped or broken chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cream for mixing with the chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- 2 pinches of cinnamon powder (dalchini powder)
- ¾ to 1 cup chilled cream - low fat 25 % to 35 % Or whipping cream (i added amul cream)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or as required (optional)
chop the chocolate and add them to a small bowl or a pan.
add 1 tbsp cream to the chocolate.
in a double boiler or with the pan kept above boiling water, melt the chocolate.
the water should just touch 1/2 inch of the pan from below. take care the water does not spill in the chocolate.
keep on stirring and and let all the chocolate melt.
you can also microwave the chocolate on high power for upto 45 seconds to a minute. if some bits of the chocolate are not melted, then just keep on stirring till the chocolate bits are melted. no need to microwave again as the food keeps on cooking even after we remove it from the microwave. the chocolate would be cooking and you just keep on stirring it, till all is melted.
allow the melted chocolate to become warm or cool completely.
slice and puree the bananas in a blender with instant coffee & cinnamon powder till smooth.
now add the cream. pulse for some seconds for 2 to 3 times till everything is mixed evenly. don't over do.
then add melted chocolate.
pulse again for some seconds for 2 to 3 times till everything is mixed properly.
pour the banana mousse mixture in bowls or shot glasses.
cover with a cling film or aluminium foil.
refrigerate till the mousse is set.
serve eggless chilled banana mousse.