Coconut Curd Chutney
coconut curd chutney is another variation of a delicious coconut chutney made with yogurt. excellent with idli and dosas.
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- ½ cup grated coconut, fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoon roasted chana dal (roasted husked bengal gram)
- 4 tablespoon curd (yogurt)
- ½ inch ginger - chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilies - depending on the heat in the chilies you can alter the quantity
- 5 to 6 tablespoon water for grinding the chutney
- salt as required
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 to 2 dry red chilies
- 1 tablespoon oil
in a bowl first whisk the yogurt till smooth.
take the coconut, roasted chana dal, ginger, green chili, salt and water in a chutney grinder. grind till the whole chutney mixture is smooth.
mix the chutney with the whisked yogurt.
tempering for coconut curd chutney
heat oil in a small pan. first crackle the mustard seeds.
then add the red chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida (hing).
fry for some seconds till the curry leaves start to become crisp. make sure the red chilies don't burn.
pour the tempering into the chutney and stir.
serve the coconut curd chutney immediately with idli, dosa, uttapam or medu vada.