boorani raita recipe
burhani raita is a creamy raita from the hyderabadi cuisine, flavored with garlic, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder. easy and quick raita recipe.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1 cup full fat yogurt (curd or dahi)
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves (lahsun) - crushed finely or minced
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder) or yellow chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- black salt or regular salt as required
with a wired whisk whip the yogurt till smooth.
crush the garlic or mince them and add to the yogurt.
add the red chili powder, roasted cumin powder and salt. stir well.
you can also garnish the raita with a bit of roasted cumin powder and red chili powder.
serve burhani raita chilled or immediately. consume on the same day.