suji ladoo recipe
sooji ladoo recipe with khoya - delicious ladoo made with rava (semolina), khoya (evaporated milk solids), milk, sugar and ghee.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 10 ladoo
- 1 cup fine rava (sooji, cream of wheat) or 160 grams fine rava
- 200 grams khoya (mawa or evaporated milk solids), grated or crumbled
- ½ cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (chini ka boora)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder (choti elaichi powder)
- 10 to 12 golden raisins for garnish, optional
roasting sooji for sooji ladoo recipe
measure all the ingredients for the sooji ladoo and keep aside. grate or crumble the khoya.
heat ½ a cup of ghee in a thick bottomed pan or kadai.
add 1 cup of sooji (rava). use the finer variety of rava.
mix very well and keep stirring the rava often on low heat for 8 to 9 minutes.
keep stirring continuously on low heat, till the rava becomes fragrant and changes color. you will see the rava has absorbed the ghee. also the rava may expand a little depending on the type of rava you are using.
making sooji ladoo
add the crumbled or grated khoya (mawa).
stir well on low heat. you have to keep continuously stirring the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. by this time the khoya will also melt.
add ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder. stir for a minute more and switch off the flame.
transfer the mixture to another dish or plate.
allow the mixture to cool a bit. after 2 to 3 minutes just touch the mixture. if you are able to sustain the heat, then add 1 cup of powdered sugar. alternatively you could use a spatula or spoon to mix.
mix well with your hands or a spoon or spatula.
grease your palms with a bit of ghee. take a scoop of sooji ladoo mixture while its still warm on your palm. check if you can handle the heat, then start shaping into suji ladoo.
similarly make sooji ladoo from the rest of mixture.
garnish with raisins. serve sooji ladoo warm or cold. you can also store them at room temperature in an air-tight jar. if refrigerated will last for a week.
- cook the ladoo mixture on low flame through out.
- you can garnish the rava ladoos with raisins. its optional.
- rava ladoos are shaped best when the mixture is warm. however do take care of your fingers or use hand gloves.
- recipe can be doubled.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 34mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 8.2% | Vitamin C: 0.3% | Calcium: 26% | Iron: 32.1%