green chutney for chaat snacks recipes
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 1 small bowl
- 2 cups tightly packed coriander leaves (dhania patta) - chopped
- 2 green chilies (hari mirch)- chopped, add more for a spicy chutney
- ½ inch ginger (adrak) - chopped (optional)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon lime juice or add as per taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 1 to 2 teaspoon water for grinding or add as required
rinse the coriander leaves well in water and roughly chop them.
take the chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies & ginger, cumin powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and salt in a grinder jar or a small blender jar.
add 1 or 2 tsp water and grind to a smooth chutney. add a few teaspoons more of the water if required. but don't make the chutney too thin or watery.
remove the chutney in a bowl and keep aside.
use this green chutney as required for chaat recipes.
Calories: 41kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 1479mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2160IU | Vitamin C: 19.5mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.2mg