lemon mojito recipe
basil lemon mojito recipe - refreshing summer mocktail beverage with fresh basil and lemon
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 18 to 20 small basil leaves or 1/8 cup basil leaves - about 1 gram (alternative is mint leaves)
- 2 thin round lemon slices
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups or 500 ml soda or sparkling water or water
- 1 to 2 tablespoon sugar or add as per taste
- ice cubes or crushed ice as required
in a mortar-pestle or in a pitcher take 1/8 cup basil leaves, 2 slices of lemon, 1 to 2 tbsp sugar, a pinch of salt. 2 tbsp sugar makes the drink sweet. if you want more predominant tangy taste, then add 1 tbsp sugar. to make the drink diabetic friendly, add a sugar substitute like stevia. you can also use honey instead of sugar.
muddle all the ingredients with the pestle.
spoon the muddled ingredients in two glasses.
in each glass, add 1 tbsp lemon juice
add some crushed ice or ice cubes.
pour soda or sparkling water or water. stir very well with a stirrer or spoon.
serve basil lemon mojito immediately.