vrat ki kadhi recipe
easy and quick to prepare rajgira kadhi for navratri fasting or upwas.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 cup full fat fresh curd (yogurt or dahi) at room temperature Or 240 to 250 grams dahi
- 3 tablespoon amaranth flour (rajgira atta)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 to 1.5 teaspoon ginger-green chili paste (adrak + hari mirch ka paste) Or ½ inch ginger + 1 to 2 green chilies crushed in a mortar-pestle
- ½ cup water
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sugar or add as required
- 2 tablespoon ghee or peanut oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves for garnish (dhania patta)
- rock salt as required
making curd mixture for kadhi
take 1 cup fresh curd in a mixing bowl. whisk it till smooth.
then add 3 tbsp rajgira atta or amaranth flour. if you don't have amaranth flour then you can also add buckwheat flour (kuttu ka atta), arrowroot flour or water chestnut flour (singhare ka atta).
mix again very well. then add 1/2 cup water.
whisk the whole mixture very well. there should be no lumps.
making rajgira kadhi
in a pan heat 2 tbsp ghee or peanut oil. add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and saute them till they are fragrant and change color.
then add 1 to 1.5 tsp crushed ginger+green chili paste.
stir and saute till the raw aroma of the ginger goes away.
lower the flame and then add the curd mixture. season with rock salt (sendha namak).
add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sugar. add sugar as per your taste.
stir very well and allow the rajgira kadhi to simmer. do stir on occasions. the kadhi will thicken.
garnish vrat ki kadhi with chopped coriander leaves and serve vrat ki kadhi hot or warm with sama pulao, sama khichdi, plain sama rice or rajgira paratha, kuttu ka parathas or rajgira pooris.