mango mastani drink - a popular dessert drink from pune. thick mango milkshake topped with vanilla or mango ice cream.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 3 large mangoes or 700 to 750 grams alphonso mangoes or kesar mangoes or 3 to 3.5 cups chopped mangoes OR 3 to 3.5 cups thick mango puree or pulp
- 1.5 cups full cream chilled milk or 375 ml
- 2 to 3 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- 6 to 7 pistachios sliced or chopped (pista)
- 6 to 7 cashews sliced or chopped (kaju)
- 6 to 7 almonds (badam) - sliced or chopped
- 4 to 8 scoops of vanilla ice cream or mango ice cream
- 4 to 6 glazed cherries for decoration (optional)
- 4 to 6 ice cubes (optional)
making milkshake for mango mastani
peel, chop 3 large mangoes and add them to the blender.
reserve a few chopped mangoes aside for topping the mastani drink later.
add 2 to 3 tbsp sugar. add 1.5 cups full cream milk.
blend to a smooth thick milkshake. taste and if the sugar is less, then you can add more. if the mangoes are very sweet, you can completely skip the sugar.
making mango mastani
pour this thick mango milkshake in glasses till you have enough space at top for ice cream scoops.
place one or two vanilla or mango ice cream scoops.
top with the sliced dry fruits and chopped mangoes. garnish with the glazed cherries.
serve mango mastani immediately with a spoon as well as straw.