easy raita made with grated carrots.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 small to medium carrots - peeled and grated
- 1 green chili - finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh curd (yogurt)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 pinch garam masala powder
- black salt as required
- coriander leaves for garnish (cilantro leaves) - optional
for tempering the raita (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
making carrot raita
in another bowl, take 1 cup fresh chilled curd/yogurt and whisk it till smooth.
add the grated carrots (reserve a few for garnish) and chopped green chilies. green chilies are optional and you can skip it. you can also add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red chili powder instead of green chilies.
mix everything well.
then add 1/2 tsp cumin powder, a pinch of garam masala powder & black salt as required. add rock salt or regular salt if you do not have black salt. mix again very well.
tempering for carrot raita
in a fire proof spoon or in a small pan, take 1/2 tsp ghee. we will be tempering the raita. this step is optional and you can skip it.
heat the ghee. then add a pinch of asafoetida. fry the asafoetida for a few seconds.
then pour the tempering in the raita. mix well.
serve the raita immediately or chill it and then serve later. you can also garnish with some coriander leaves before serving.