capsicum toast sandwich recipe - quick and easy capsicum cheese toast sandwich.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
- 8 to 10 bread slices of whole wheat, brown, multi grain, oats or white bread
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped onions (shallots)
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum (green bell pepper or shimla mirch) - you can also use a mix of all the three colored capsicum
- 1 garlic crushed or minced
- 80 grams cheese or ½ cup tightly packed grated cheddar cheese or paneer - (can also use processed cheese or a mozzarella cheese or a mix of cheeses)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder or crushed black pepper (kali mirch powder) or as required
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil or ½ tablespoon chopped basil leaves
- salt as required
- butter, salted or unsalted, as required
making filling for capsicum sandwich
in a bowl, add 2 tbsp finely chopped onions/shallots, 3 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum/green bell peppers.
add 1/2 cup tightly packed grated cheddar cheese or processed cheese.
add the seasonings - 1/4 tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper, 1 tsp dry oregano, 1 tsp dry basil or 1/2 tbsp chopped basil leaves. instead of basil you can also add chopped coriander or mint leaves. use herbs which you have or the ones which you like. you can also use italian seasoning.
mix everything. check the taste and then add salt. just a pinch or two is fine as cheese already has salt.
making capsicum sandwich
spread butter on the bread slices.
spoon the capsicum tomato filling on half of the slices..
cover with the remaining slices.
grill or toast the capsicum sandwich in an electric grill or on a stove top toaster till golden and crisp. the sandwiches can also be made on a tawa/skillet. just spread some butter on a hot tawa. keep the sandwich. when one side is browned, turn over carefully and roast the other side till golden and crisp.
spread some butter on top of the sandwiches if you want.
serve cheese capsicum sandwich with tomato ketchup or chili sauce.