few tips for besan kheer recipe:
1. i have used dates and jaggery in the recipe. if you prefer you can add just dates or just jaggery. but using both gives a nice blend of flavors.
2. adjust the sweetness to your taste by varying the quantity of jaggery used. the sweetness will vary depending on the sweetness of the dates too.
3. for a vegan version, use low-fat almond milk instead of regular milk and low-fat coconut butter/oil instead of ghee.
4. you can use whole milk or semi-skimmed milk too if you prefer.
5. can also be made with regular besan and sugar.