easy to prepare chinese chilli garlic noodles.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
for cooking noodles
- 150 grams noodles or 5 cups cooked noodles or 2 noodle packets each of 75 grams
- 3.5 to 4 cups water
other ingredients for garlic noodles
- 3 tablespoon regular sesame oil or toasted sesame oil
- 2 to 3 dry red chilies (sookhi lal mirch) - broken and deseeded
- 1/3 cup spring onion whites, chopped or 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic or 5 to 6 large garlic (lahsun), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped celery (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or add as required
- 2 teaspoon red chili sauce or red chili paste or add as required
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or rice wine or ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sugar, add as required and per taste (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
- salt as required
cooking noodles to make garlic noodles
in a pan or wok heat 3.5 to 4 cups water.
when the water comes to a boil, add 150 grams noodles.
cook the noodles as per the instructions on the pack or till they are completely cooked.
drain them in a colander and rinse with water. rinsing with water stops the cooking process. strain them well and keep aside.
when the noodles are cooking, you can prep the other ingredients - finely chop 5 to 6 large garlic and 1 medium spring onion, and a small tiny piece of celery. also break the chilies and remove the seeds. keep aside.
making garlic noodles
heat 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil in a wok or kadai. keep the flame to medium and add 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic and the dry red chilies. stir fry for a few seconds. no need to brown the garlic.
then add the chopped spring onions and chopped celery. celery is optional and if you do not have it, then skip.
stir fry on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
then add the sauces one by one - 1 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tsp red chili sauce or red chili paste or add as required. also add 1 tsp rice vinegar or rice wine or ½ tsp white vinegar. stir well.
add salt and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sugar. add less salt as the sauce already have salt in them. stir again. then add the noodles.
on a medium flame, mix and stir so that the sauce coats the noodles very well. do a taste test. add more salt or the sauces as required.
you can decrease or increase the quantity of the sauces as per your taste. you can also add black pepper or white pepper. switch off the flame.
finally add the spring onions greens.
mix and serve chilli garlic noodles accompanied with veg manchurian, mushroom manchurian, cauliflower manchurian or sweet and sour vegetable.
while serving garlic noodles you can also sprinkle some red chili flakes on the noodles.