sweet potato chaat recipe
sweet potato chaat is one of the easiest to prepare chaat recipe with sweet potatoes or shakarkandi.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 260 to 270 grams sweet potatoes or 1.5 to 2 cups chopped boiled sweet potatoes (shakarkandi)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder) or add as required
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- rock salt or sendha namak as required
boiling sweet potatoes (shakarkandi)
firstly rinse 260 to 270 sweet potatoes very well in water.
then steam them in a pressure cooker or a pan. if cooking in a pressure cooker, then pressure cook for about 3 to 4 whistles with water just about covering the sweet potatoes.
making shakarkandi ki chaat:
after the sweet potatoes are cooked well and when they become warm, then peel them lightly and chop them. take them in a bowl.
add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder) and rock salt (sendha namak). if making for regular days, then you can also add red chilli powder and chaat masala powder. some roasted cumin powder can also be added. you can add the spice powders less or more as per your taste preferences.
then 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
mix gently. check the taste and add any of the spice powders or lemon juice if required.
serve shakarkandi ki chaat.
tips for making shakarkandi ki chaat recipe:
- you can also add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder in the recipe.
- the recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- if not making for navratri fasting, then you can use red chilli powder, chaat masala.
- black salt can also be added instead of rock salt.
- spice powders can be added more or less as per your taste preferences.