indian style corn salad recipe - easy and tasty recipe of salad made with sweet corn, cucumber, onion and spices + herbs.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 400 grams corn cobs (makai ke dane) or 2 medium sized corn cobs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small to medium cucumber, finely chopped or ⅓ to ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder or cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves or ½ tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lemon juice, add as per taste
- salt as required
boiling corn for salad
first steam or boil fresh 2 medium corn cobs till the kernels are tender. you can steam them in a pressure cooker, steamer or electric cooker.
i cooked them in a pressure cooker in 1.5 cups water for 5 whistles. you can also cook them in a pan. add the corn cobs and water in a pan. cover and cook till the corn kernels become tender. add more water if required while cooking.
let the corn cobs become warm or cool down. then carefully scrape off the corn kernels with a knife.
making corn salad
add the corn kernels in a mixing bowl.
add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 1/3 to 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber and 1 tbsp chopped coriander or 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley.
sprinkle 1/4 tsp red chilli powder or cayenne pepper and 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder.
now add 1/2 to 1 tsp lemon juice. add lemon juice as per your taste preferences. sometimes i also add 1 to 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil. if you want you can add extra virgin olive oil too.
mix and toss everything very well.
serve sweet corn salad immediately. or you can chill in the fridge and serve later.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 801mg | Potassium: 549mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 15.3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1.1mg