chilli baby corn fry
goan style baby corn chilli recipe - quick recipe of a goan style chilli baby corn fry.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 200 grams baby corn or 10 to 12 baby corn or 1.5 to 1.75 cups sliced baby corn
- 1 medium capsicum, thinly sliced or ½ cup thinly sliced capsicum (shimla mirch)
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced or ⅓ cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 green chilies, slit or sliced (hari mirch)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon oil, can use sunflower oil or peanut oil
- salt as required
preparation for chilli baby corn fry
rinse and slice 10 to 12 baby corn. you can slice them in rounds or diagonally. you should get 1.5 to 1.75 cups sliced baby corn.
also rinse, deseed and slice 1 medium capsicum thinly. slice 1 medium onion too.
making chilli baby corn fry
heat 2 tablespoon oil in a shallow frying pan. add the sliced onions.
begin to stir and saute the onions on a low to medium flame.
saute till the onions turn translucent.
then add the green chilies, capsicum, baby corn, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, crushed black pepper & garam masala powder.
mix everything very well
sprinkle salt as per taste and mix again very well.
saute the baby corn slices on a low flame.
do not cover with a lid and stir after every 3 to 4 minutes. so that the baby corn cooks evenly. spread them evenly in the pan.
by the time the baby corn is cooked, the onions will also turn a light golden or golden. the baby corn slices will also become golden from the edges.
then switch off the flame. add 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves and mix.
serve baby corn chilli fry with rotis or as a side dish with dal-rice.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 746mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 62.8mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.5mg