paan drink is a summer cooler made with pureed betel leaves, gulkand and almond milk along with basil seeds.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 6 to 7 betel leaves (paan) - gives approx ⅓ or ½ cup of puree
- 4 cups chilled cow's milk or almond milk or 3 cups of milk + 1 cup chilled water
- ½ tablespoon sabza seeds (basil seeds) soaked in enough water
- 1 tablespoon rose syrup or rooh afza (optional)
- 4 to 5 tablespoon gulkand or as required
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of chopped dry fruits - almonds, pistachios, cashews, dry figs etc (optional)
rinse the betel leaves well in water.
in a small blender, puree the betel leaves with some water.
in a bowl or jar, mix the betel leaves puree and almond milk. stir well.
now add the gulkand and stir well again.
strain the soaked sabza seeds and add these.
stir in the rose syrup or rooh afza.
add the chopped dry fruits.
mix well and serve the paan shots drink in tall glasses.
you can also chill the drink and serve paan shots later.