cheese garlic bread
garlic cheese bread recipe - easy, quick and tasty cheesy garlic bread recipe made in oven.
Prep Time9 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 -3
- 4 to 5 slices of bread or half a loaf of bread. you can use whole wheat or brown or multi grain or white bread
- 2 tablespoon butter, salted or unsalted
- 3 to 4 medium garlic, minced or grated or crushed (lahsun)
- 100 grams cheese or ½ cup grated cheese, processed or cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- black pepper as required
- red chili flakes as required
- dry oregano or any herb as required
- salt as required to be added if using unsalted butter
preparation for cheese garlic bread
preheat oven for 200 degrees celsius/392 degrees fahrenheit before starting.
slice the loaf of bread in slices having 0.75 inches width. now halve each slice.
take 2 tbsp softened butter (butter at room temperature) in a bowl. i used salted butter (amul butter). if using unsalted butter, then add a bit of salt.
grate or mince 3 to 4 medium garlic directly into the butter. instead of garlic, you can also add garlic chives.
mix the grated garlic very well with the butter.
grate 100 grams cheddar or mozzarella cheese. about ½ cup grated cheese.
making cheese garlic bread
now spread the garlic butter evenly on all the slices.
top with the cheese generously.
sprinkle with your favorite herb or spice. you can add oregano, basil, red chili flakes, black pepper, italian seasoning etc.
place the bread slices in a baking tray.
baking garlic cheese bread
now keep the baking tray on the top most rack of your OTG. if using a microwave oven in the convection mode, then keep the baking tray on the glass turn table.
bake cheese garlic bread at 200 degrees celsius/392 degrees fahrenheit for 5 to 6 minutes till the edges become a light golden and a bit crisp.
the cheese will also melt. you don't need to toast these slices.
serve these cheesy garlic bread hot with tomato ketchup as a starter or as as a snack.
to make cheese garlic bread on a stove top or tawa
- heat a thick bottomed tawa (griddle) on a medium flame.
- keep the flame to the lowest and place the bread slices on the tawa (griddle).
- cover with a lid in such a way that the lid does not touch the grated cheese.
- roast for some minutes till the cheese melts.