garlic coconut chutney recipe
garlic coconut chutney recipe - a coconut chutney which has the flavors of garlic.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
- 8-9 garlic cloves (lahsun)
- ¾ cup grated coconut fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoon bengal gram (roasted chana dal)
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ½ teaspoon chopped or grated ginger (adrak)- optional
- 1 or 2 green chilis (hari mirch)
- 10-12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- salt as required
heat oil in a small frying pan.
add the curry leaves and fry them till they are crisp. keep aside.
take the rest of the ingredients in a chutney grinder or blender.
add the fried curry leaves along with the oil.
pour very little water and grind all the chutney ingredients till smooth.
serve the garlic coconut chutney with idli, dosa, rava dosa, medu vada, uttapam or upma.