roasted makhana recipe
Healthy snack of roasted phool makhana or foxnuts.
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 3 cups makhana (phool makhana or foxnuts or lotus seeds)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder) or add as required
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala or add as required
- rock salt as required
- 2 to 3 teaspoon oil or ghee
making roasted makhana recipe
Heat oil in a pan or kadai.
Add the makhana and roast for a good 10-12 minutes on a low flame till they become crisp and crunchy. Keep on stirring in between.
Lastly add all the spice powders and salt, except chaat masala.
Switch off the fire as you don't want the spice powders to get burnt.
Stir the whole mixture well.
Lastly sprinkle the chaat masala powder and again mix well.
Serve roasted makhana straightaway.
Or once they cool down, store roasted makhana in an air-tight container.