sabudana thalipeeth are crisp and soft pancakes made with tapioca pearls, mashed potatoes, ground peanuts and spices.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time38 mins
Servings: 6 to 7 thalipeeth
- ⅔ cup sabudana (tapioca pearls)
- 2 medium or large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 4 tablespoon peanuts, roasted and coarsely ground (moongphali)
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped or grated (adrak)
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped (dhania patta)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar or add as required
- rock salt (sendha namak) as required
- peanut oil or ghee as required for frying
preparation to make sabudana thalipeeth
pick and rinse the sabudana well till you get transparent water when rinsing.
soak them overnight in enough water.
the next day, drain them really well.
make sure there is no moisture in them.
making sabudana thalipeeth
add the mashed potatoes and all the ingredients to the soaked sabudana. mix well.
heat a non stick frying pan.
spread 1 or 2 teaspoon of peanut oil or ghee on the pan.
apply some oil on your palms.
take some portion from the mixture and flatten it with your palms.
you can also flatten on a ziplock bag. i find it easier to flatten with my palms.
place the flattened round (thalipeeth) on the frying pan.
fry till both sides are golden brown and crisp. repeat.
if you have a large pan, you can cook 2-3 thalipeeths at the same time.
serve sabudana thalipeeth with a phalahari chutney or raita.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 431mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 3.5mg