palak ka raita - a simple and easy recipe of lightly flavored spinach raita.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 cup chopped and tightly packed spinach (palak)
- ½ teaspoon ginger, finely chopped (adrak)
- ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1 pinch turmeric (haldi)
- 1 pinch garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon saunf powder (fennel powder) - optional
- black pepper powder as required - optional
- 4 to5 mint leaves, (pudina patta)
- 1 cup yogurt (curd or dahi)
- 2 to 3 teaspoon oil
- rock salt or black salt as required
whisk the yogurt and keep aside.
heat oil. add the carom seeds and fry for few seconds.
add the chopped ginger and fry for some seconds
sauteing palak to make palak raita
add the chopped spinach (palak).
add all the spice powders one by one along with salt.
saute till the spinach stops releasing water.
lastly add the mint and saute for 1-2 minutes.
making palak raita
add this mixture to the yogurt.
sprinkle some pepper. stir well.
you can refrigerate the raita for a couple of hours before serving.
serve palak raita as side accompaniments with a dal rice or roti sabzi or biryani or pulao. raita goes very well with rice based dishes.