vegan pudding recipe
vermicelli pudding recipe - vegan indian vermicelli pudding made with cashew milk, almond milk and vermicelli. a no oil/ghee recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 bowls
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 1.5 cup cashew milk
- 1.5 cup wheat vermicelli (seviyan)
- 1.5 cup water
- 8 to 9 tablespoon sugar - add less or more for desired sweetness
- 4 to 5 green cardamon (choti elaichi), crushed or ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon black currants, sliced or chopped
- 1 pinch saffron (kesar)
in a pan or kadai dry roast the vermicelli till they get a golden hue.
lower the flame and in the same pan, add both the cashew milk and almond milk. stir.
add sugar, and mix well.
the mixture will begin to thicken as the vermicelli begins to get cooked.
if you want a thin pudding, then add water.
whereas if you want a thick pudding like kheer then there is no need to add water.
since at home we prefer thin pudding hence i have added 1.5 cups of water.
simmer for 7-10 minutes till the vermicelli becomes soft and is cooked well.
add the cardamom powder, saffron and raisins.
simmer vermicelli pudding for a couple of minutes or till the mixture thickens slightly or as per your requirement.
then remove from fire.
serve vermicelli pudding hot or warm.
or you can chill and serve the pudding cold.
the consistent of the vermicelli pudding depends on the almond and cashew milk consistency. for a thinner consistency add water.
to make the nuts milk from scratch:
- take 1 cup almonds & 1 cup cashew nuts.
- soak the almonds and cashews in water for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- in a blender add the almonds and cashews.
- if you want you can remove the almond peel.
- add 1.5 to 2 cups water and blend till smooth and fine.
- use this mixture of the almond and cashew milk to make this vegan pudding.
- no straining is required here.