Mushroom rice is a flavorful and tasty rice dish made in european style
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 400 grams White button mushrooms - cleaned and chopped or 4 cups chopped white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Roasted crushed sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 3 to 4 Spring onions Or scallions - chopped (reserve the greens for garnishing)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , finely chopped - optional
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder Or white pepper powder
- Salt As required
In a pan heat the olive oil.
Add the chopped garlic. and saute for some seconds.
Then add 3-4 chopped small to medium scallions (spring onion whites). Begin to saute the spring onions.
Saute till the spring onions become translucent. Now add 400 grams of chopped mushrooms.
Saute the mushrooms till they leave the water and are dried up and completely cooked.
Add the black or white pepper, crushed sesame seeds, thyme and oregano to the mushrooms. Mix well.
Now add the cooked rice and salt.
Saute the rice with the mushrooms for a couple of minutes.
Garnish with the scallions greens.
Serve hot with a salad or you could just drizzle some extra virgin olive oil to the rice and enjoy the bowl of mushroom rice.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 783mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.1mg