sweet corn sandwich recipe - an easy and tasty sweet corn sandwich recipe for breakfast or snacks. italian inspired vegan corn sandwiches.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
for making corn stuffing
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- 1 or 2 small to medium garlic cloves (lahsun), minced or finely chopped
- 1 boiled medium sweet corn cob
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, crushed or add as required
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes or add as required
- salt as required
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 or 2 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese or grated mozzarella or cream cheese - optional
- 7 to 8 basil leaves, chiffonade or chopped
- some butter or extra virgin olive oil for spreading on the bread, optional
- 4 to 6 sandwich bread slices or large bread slices
making corn sandwich filling
heat the olive oil in frying pan. add the garlic. saute for a few seconds.
then add the corn kernels and stir for 1 to 2 minutes on low flame.
season with salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
switch off the fire and add chopped tomatoes and basil. stir and keep aside. let this mixture become warm or cool down completely.
add grated cheese, once corn filling mixture has become warm or cooled. keep aside.
making corn sandwich
slice the edges of bread if you prefer. spread butter evenly on all the slices. make sure the butter covers the entire of bread.
stuff this corn-tomato-basil filling on the buttered bread. cover the sandwiches with the remaining buttered slices.
place them in a preheated toaster or grill. then grill or toast corn sandwich for 2 to 3 minutes or till the bread gets toasted well and golden.
you can also grill corn sandwich in the oven.
serve corn sandwich hot with tomato sauce and some french fries.
vegan option to make corn sandwich
- nutritional yeast is often used by vegans since it give a cheesy flavor to the dish. nutritional yeast is different from baker's yeast. its an inactive form of yeast which does not grow like baking yeast. so there is no leavening in the food. they are sold in the form of flakes or powder. as the name suggests, nutritional yeast is full of nutrition.
- if using nutritional yeast then add 1 to 2 tablespoon of nutritional yeast at the step when you add corn kernels in the pan.