an easy and quick drumstick recipe
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
grind to a smooth paste
- 1 medium sized onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 2-3 garlic, chopped
other ingredients for drumstick recipe
- 4 to 5 medium drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon punjabi garam masala or regular garam masala
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 to 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- salt as required
- few coriander leaves for garnish (cilantro leaves)
rinse, peel and chop the drumsticks into 3 to 4 inches pieces long.
make a smooth paste without adding any water from the onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic.
making drumstick curry
heat oil in a pan. crackle the cumin first. then add the ground paste.
be careful when adding the paste. it might splurge.
stir well and then add the turmeric, red chili powder and asafoetida.
saute stirring often till you see oil leaving the sides of the masala.
add the drumsticks and stir so that the masala coats them well.
pour water and season with salt. cover the pan and let the drumsticks cook till they become tender and well cooked. they should not break and become mushy.
lastly sprinkle garam masala and stir. garnish the drumstick gravy with coriander leaves.
serve drumstick curry with steamed rice or any khichdi.
- you can adjust the spices as required.