This rice pudding is a creamy smooth pudding or kheer made with leftover cooked rice, milk and sugar. Flavored with ground cinnamon and cardamom.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 cup Leftover cooked basmati rice Or any good quality cooked rice
- 2 to 2.5 cups Milk
- 2.5 to 3 tablespoons Sugar Or more if preferred
- 1 Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon Green cardamom powder
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoon Sliced almonds , cashews and raisins
- 1 teaspoon Charoli or chironji - optional
making rice pudding
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan or non stick pan or kadai, add 2 to 2.5 cups of milk, 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 pinch of salt.
Also add 1 cup of cooked basmati rice. Stir well and simmer pudding mixture on a low to medium flame. keep on stirring at intervals.
After 5 minutes, add the cardamom and cinnamon powder.
Lower the flame and let the pudding cook for 15-20 minutes or till it starts to thicken. Keep on stirring after every few minutes.
When it becomes slightly thick, then add the sliced almonds, cashewnuts and raisins.
You can either serve the rice pudding hot or cold. If serving cold, pour it in small serving bowls. Refrigerate them and serve rice pudding when it cools down.
- You could either use leftover rice or cook some rice and then use it.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 63g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 0.6mg