One Pot Cheesy Spinach Corn
this dish is an easy to prepare one pot cheesy corn spinach with italian flavors.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 to 5
- 4 to 5 medium corn cobs
- 500 grams spinach
- 4 scallions or spring onions
- 5 to 6 small to medium garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or oregano seasoning or mixed dry herbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream cheese or any variety of soft cheese
- salt as required
boil the corn cobs in water for 15 to 20 mins. when they warm or when they cool down, remove the kernels from the cob with a knife. keep aside.
rinse the spinach in water thoroughly. chop them and keep aside.
chop the scallions and garlic. reserve the greens for garnishing.
making one pot cheesy spinach corn
heat the olive oil in a pan. now add the scallions and garlic to it.
saute for 2 mins and then add the chopped spinach. saute the spinach for 4 minutes.
add the black pepper and salt now
after 2 mins add the red chili flakes and the oregano seasoning/italian seasoning/mixed herbs
the spinach would have softened and considerably cooked after 3-4 mins. now add the boiled corn kernels.
mix the corn with spinach and spices. saute for 2-3 minutes more. check the salt and seasonings and add more if required. serve hot with warm or toasted bread.
- you can use tinned/canned corn instead of fresh corn. i have used american sweet corn but even regular corn would taste good.
- you could also use cream and cheese together in this recipe. even just adding cream would taste great.
- if you want a baked version, then this is what you have to do. add about 5 tbsp cream towards the end of the recipe just before removing it from fire. take the mix in a bowl. top grated cheese on top and bake it in the oven for a couple of minutes till the cheese melts and browns. your baked cheese spinach corn is ready.
- if there are any leftovers they could be used as a stuffing for pancakes and also can be used as a stuffing for grilled or toasted corn sandwich.