corn spinach recipe
sweet corn spinach recipe - easy to prepare cheesy corn spinach recipe.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 -5
- 4 to 5 medium corn cobs
- 500 grams spinach (palak)
- 4 scallions or spring onions
- 5 to 6 small to medium garlic cloves (lahsun)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or oregano seasoning or mixed dry herbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream cheese or any variety of soft cheese
- salt as required
preparation for corn spinach
boil the corn cobs in water for 15 to 20 mins. when they warm or when they cool down, remove the kernels from the cob with a knife. keep aside.
rinse the spinach in water thoroughly. chop them and keep aside.
chop the scallions and garlic. reserve the greens for garnishing.
making corn spinach
heat the olive oil in a pan
now add the scallions and garlic to it.
saute for 2 mins and then add the chopped spinach.
saute the spinach for 4 mins
add the black pepper and salt now
after 2 mins add the red chili flakes and the oregano seasoning/italian seasoning/mixed herbs
the spinach would have softened and considerably cooked after 3-4 mins. now add the boiled corn kernels.
mix the corn with the spinach and spices. saute for 2-3 minutes more. check the salt and seasonings and add more if required. serve corn spinach hot with warm or toasted bread.