Peri Peri Sauce
This homemade peri peri sauce is a hot and fiery piri piri sauce made with red chilies from the portuguese cuisine
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 small bottle
- 11 to 12 Dry red chilies
- 7 to 8 Medium garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Red chili flakes Or red chili powder (optional, and if you want a more hotter sauce)
- ¼ cup Chopped cilantro (coriander leaves) or parsley. A combination of both greens can also be used
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice or juice of 1 medium sized lemon Or ½ tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive oil Or vegetable oil
- Sea salt or salt As required
Remove the stems from the dry red chilies.
Rinse them in water and then soak in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes.
Peel and chop the garlic.
Add all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
Store the peri peri sauce in a container in the refrigerator.