maladu or maa ladoo recipe - quick south indian ladoo made from roasted gram or roasted chana dal.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 mins
Total Time12 mins
Servings: 10 ladoo
- 1 cup roasted bengal gram or roasted chana dal
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 green cardamoms (chotti elaichi)
- 1 pinch of nutmeg (jaiphal)
- 10 to 12 cashews, chopped - (kaju)
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- ¼ cup ghee - remove 1 tablespoon from this ghee to fry the dry fruits
first powder the chana dal in a dry grinder or coffee grinder to a fine powder consistency.
seive the ground chana dal.
powder the sugar with cardamom seeds
sieve the powdered sugar also in the same pan.
add the grated nutmeg too.
mix the sifted chana dal flour and powdered sugar.
fry cashews in 1 tbsp ghee.
remove and add them to the chana dal flour
now in the same ghee fry the raisins till plump
add the raisins along with ghee
in the same pan heat up the remaining ghee and add it to the ladoo mixture.
keep the ladoo mixture pan on low flame and saute for 2-3 minutes.
let the mixture cool and then form ladoos.
serve maladu or keep them stored in an air tight container.