cucumber raita is a cooling raita made with grated cucumber and lightly spiced.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 medium sized cucumber, or 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup fresh curd (dahi or yogurt)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder/lal mirch powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder
- salt as required, can use rock salt, black salt or regular salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves or ½ tablespoon chopped mint leaves
rinse the cucumber. then peel the cucumber and finely chop it. you can also grate the cucumber.
in a bowl, beat the curd till smooth.
add the grated cucumber to the curd.
add all the dry spice powders, rock salt or black salt and coriander leaves.
mix well and serve cucumber raita.
you could even garnish the cucumber raita with some coriander leaves or mint leaves.
- the cucumber raita recipe can be double or tripled.
- if you are making cucumber raita for fast/vrat then add rock salt/sendha namak.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1230mg | Potassium: 298mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 0.8mg